About the Council of Arts and Design Deans of Thailand (CADDT)
History and objectives for establishment of the Council of Arts and Design Deans of Thailand
Following the 3rd National Art Seminar at Silpakorn University on 4-6 March B.E. 2541, one of the resolutions was reached. There was to be a council of arts deans to serve as an organization and a center for collaboration among faculties of fine arts at the tertiary level. The Faculty of Fine and Applied Art, Burapha University was appointed as the implementer during the initial phase. On 30 May B.E. 2541, a meeting was held at Burapha University comprising 5 arts deans from 5 public universities to to establish the Council of Arts Deans of Thailand. It was agreed during the meeting that the Council of Arts Deans be established and the Dean of Faculty of Fine and Applied Art, Burapha University (Associate Professor Suchart Taothong) was appointed as the first chairperson of the Council of Arts Deans of Thailand. The rationale and conclusion were clearly explained as to the importance and need for the Council of Arts Deans of Thailand in relation to the development of arts education and professions. Due to rapid growth of arts institutions, their presence has spread across central and regional Thailand. In response to this, the Council of Arts Deans of Thailand has changed its name to “Council of Arts and Design Deans of Thailand” to be the main organization that serves as the center for effective collaboration and development in arts and design.
- To be the central organization for collaboration among arts and design deans;
- To be the center for exchanging knowledge, opinions, experience and joint academic activities related to the field of arts and design;
- To jointly impose the direction for development on learning, teaching, creative work/research, academic services for community and cultural conservation to reach the international standard;
- To upgrade the performance of faculties of fine arts in Thailand; and,
- To lay out the policy on production of arts graduates in response to the need of the country and the society.